Your children will love all the exciting things there are to do in Douglasville to keep them active, learning, and adventuring. Our Douglasville new home community, The Reserve at Chapel Hill, puts your whole family near an amazing variety of kid-friendly things to do. From educational outings, to character-building volunteering, to family favorites that everyone will love, continue reading to discover kid-friendly things to do in Douglasville.
Get Outdoors & Stay Active
- L&R Alpaca Haven Farm – This unique experience is located in Douglasville and is packed with exciting kid-friendly things to do. They offer farm tours, classes, and birthday parties. For example, some exciting classes your kids are sure to enjoy include candle making, terrarium making, and bingo nights!
- Deer Lick Park – A 66-acre park that offers so many amenities and activities for your family to enjoy. Pack the cooler for a relaxing afternoon of watching rec league baseball season. And, get your kids and their friends to putt-putt the day away on the mini-golf course.
- Youth Sports Associations – Speaking of rec league, the city of Douglasville offers an array of youth sports associations for your kids. Being a part of a sports team offers health, education, mental, and social benefits for your children!
- Boundary Waters – Another kid-friendly thing to do in Douglasville is the popular Boundary Waters Park. This park hosts a variety of recreational activities, like fishing, running trails, soccer, baseball, heated swimming pools, and so much more.
Classes and Camps
- Kids Day Off Spring Break Camp – During Spring Break this year, keep your children engaged with various social, educational, and recreational activities with KDO camp.
- Aqua-Tots Swim Schools Douglasville – Young kids will become confident swimmers while enjoying time in the pool with certified trainers.
- Keep Douglasville Beautiful – Get your kids involved with the Douglasville community through Keep Douglasville Beautiful. This organization is built around the mission to “practice, promote, and encourage environmental stewardship”. Your kids can take part in cleaning up the streets, learning about our environment, building character, and connecting with the community!
Indoor Fun and Exploration
- Thunderzone – Add Thunderzone to your list of kid-friendly things to do in Douglasville. This family entertainment center offers tons of fun activities like bowling, laser tag, arcade games, and virtual reality. Grab your favorite snacks, pick your favorite activity, and enjoy the night at Thunderzone.
- Six Flags Over Georgia – This popular kid-friendly amusement park speaks for itself. Depending on your children’s age, this park offers kid rides, family rides, thrill rides, live shows, and plenty of food to enjoy.
- Downtown Atlanta – A Douglasville home puts you in a wonderful location only about 30 minutes away from the world-class downtown Atlanta attractions, like World of Coca-Cola, Zoo Atlanta, Georgia Aquarium, and Children’s Museum of Atlanta.
Kid-Friendly Things to Do in Douglasville
As this list shows, Douglasville offers a kid-friendly lifestyle with things to do to grow, learn, connect, and stay active! Ready to start home shopping in this area? Look no further than The Reserve at Chapel Hill in Douglasville. Offering stylish two-story homes and neighborhood amenities, the homes here give owners and their families a life of luxury no matter which floor plan they choose. Contact an agent today, or sign up for our VIP list to learn more!