Looking for our most recent news?
It looks like you've found some great information, but it might be a little outdated. For our most recent news on new home communities, financing options, and upcoming events visit our News page or browse our current new home communities.
Valentine’s Day is Monday of next week (you know, February 14th), and if dinner plans haven’t quite come together yet, or if you both just decided you want to spend the day at home or with family, there’s no need to worry! You can still have a perfect and memorable Valentine’s Day at home, surrounded by all the people, pets, and things you love! In a home from Kerley Family Homes, it’s easy to celebrate Valentine’s Day at home too – so we’ve put together a few of our own favorite tips for a lovely day at home for two, four, or any number more!
Valentine’s Day at Home for Couples
Dinner for Two
- What’s better than cooking a special meal for your special someone? Cooking it together! A couple’s cook-along splits the work, and you could have an incredible meal to share in half the time! Plus, in one of our homes, it’s always easy to make space in the kitchen and clean up afterwards, with spacious layouts and stellar standard countertop materials.
Turning Your Suite Into a Spa
- Your owner suite in a home from us is designed to be as comfortable and relaxing as possible – and turning it into a spa doesn’t require an expensive trip to the mall! Set up for a spa day and break out the moisturizers, face masks, and all your partner’s favorite grooming tools, then spend some time on self-care together!
Valentine’s Day Activities for Families With Kids
Making Valentine’s Memories Over Breakfast
- Did we mention how fun it is to cook in a brand new kitchen? Make Valentine’s Day breakfast even more fun with heart-shaped pancakes from a mold – or grab some squirt bottles and have everyone try to make their own heart pancake art! Set up on the island breakfast bar or the breakfast nook and enjoy a memorable morning meal.
Hiding Special Valentine’s Treasures
- A Valentine’s treasure hunt is a fun way to spend a morning or afternoon, and in your new home there will be plenty of hiding spots for all the goodies! You could set up an Easter-style hunt with treats all over – or you could leave clues all over the house that lead to one big prize!
Hosting a Dynamite Valentine’s Day Party
Couples Movie and Game Night
- A movie marathon and board games inside will let you take full advantage of your big, roomy entertaining spaces! Popcorn is a must, but to go all-out you could try making this super simple chocolate-dipped fruit (leave time for it to chill, and get started well in advance!)
Warmer Than a Housewarming
- Or, you could host a classier dinner in your dining room and lead a tour through some of your favorite spaces you’ve created in your new home. Hobbyists or crafters could show off what they’ve done with any extra bedrooms or study spaces, and collectors, movie-lovers, and audiophiles can invite friends or family into their world for a peek at their setup!
No matter how you spend Valentine’s Day this year – you can enjoy more of everything you love in a home from Kerley Family Homes. More space for friends and family, more features to make life easier, and more value in your brand new home. Discover the next chapter in your life with Kerley Family Homes, and come see where we’re building today.